Education Program Pro
Applications due September 17
Interviews take place September 18 and 19 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
TELUS Spark has hundreds of school kids come through its doors every day, including to attend education programs. These workshops are run by a staff member and cover a specific topic, aligning with what students are currently studying in class. If you believe that STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) is key to our future generations, we need you! We are looking for individuals to assist with ensuring these programs run as smoothly as possible. As an Education Program Pro, you will get to interact with students and learn about informal programming first-hand. The experience of this opportunity is a benefit for young educators and the opportunity to engage with future leaders in a meaningful way is great for more experienced individuals, too.
- Weekday daytime during the school year (September to June)
- Schedule: A variety of tasks need to be completed throughout each day and volunteers are welcome to assist for part of the day or the whole day (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Commitment: two or more shifts per month
- Assist with program delivery to students K-12
- Assist with set-up and take-down of programs
- Assist with greeting schools as they arrive
- Other duties as required
Desired Skills and Qualifications
This position is best suited for someone who:
- Is energetic and outgoing
- Is a good communicator
- Is flexible/adaptable
- Is willing to take risks – to get involved and “look silly”
- Has experience working with kids (a strong asset)
- Has customer service experience (an asset)
- Has a background in teaching or STEAM (an asset)
- Mandatory volunteer orientation: September 29 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Police Clearance