Educators who are interested in DIY Science Centre are encouraged to submit an application. Spark is closely following guidelines from the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services to ensure the safety of guests and students. All applicants will be informed of any changes or updates.
DIY Science Centre
Get students EXCITED about science with a prototype challenge!
DIY Science Centre (formerly known as Prototype Project, Spark to Go) challenges students to build their own science exhibit guided by Spark Staff and local professionals. This semester-long program empowers students to build, test, and collaborate! The program ends with a massive celebration at Spark showcasing all of the prototypes from various participating schools!
DIY Science Centre develops critical thinking, problem-solving, and collaboration skills with experiential learning that prepares students for the real world! Ready to innovate?
This program is open to all junior high and high school educators in Calgary and the surrounding areas.
DIY Science Centre is made possible thanks to the generous support of ConocoPhillips.
Price: $19 per student
The semester-long program includes:
- Full-day professional learning session for educators to get you prepared for the journey
- An exclusive field trip with your class to Spark
- 2 in-class visits from Spark Staff and local professionals
- Multiple in-person mentorship opportunities for your students or by distance
- Presentation skills development for your students
- Celebratory evening event to showcase student work at Spark with various other participating schools
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Subscribe to Spark's Educator Newsletter for the latest offerings, discounts, and exciting new programs and exhibitions!