Operation Minerva Mentorship Day
May 21, 2020 | 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Science needs female mentors!
Spark is calling all women in science, technology, engineering or math professions to mentor young women on May 21, 2020.
Operation Minerva has been running for the past 31 years and stewarded for the past 25 years by the Alberta Women's Science Network. Spark is proud to be its new hub connecting young women to leading mentors in organizations with a focus on science, technology, engineering and math careers.
FOR GR 8 STUDENTS
Celebrate Operation Minerva Day on May 21, 2020 by connecting with leading women! Get inspired and gain insights on their jobs through one-on-one mentorships, job shadowing, hands-on workshops and more!
Spark recognizes and values the richness of human diversity in its many forms, and therefore welcomes all grade 8 girls all walks of life, identities, and lived experiences to feel a sense of belonging and can participate fully in Operation Minerva.
PRICE: $20 per student
DATE: May 21, 2020 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Please note: schedule is subject to change
BECOME A MENTOR
As a professional, you will help young women foster a love for science, technology, engineering and math! Mentors will demonstrate through direct experience (job shadowing and hands-on workshops) to help build a network among young female students and encourage a positive environment supporting achievement in Math and Sciences.
- Mentorship for grade eight female students
- Provide an experiential base to assist the young women in their decision-making when planing high school and post-secondary educational pathways
- Foster positive attitudes towards courses and careers in science, technology, engineering and math areas amongst young females providing them with fun and stimulating experiences
- Raise awareness amongst parents, educators, and the general public regarding the underrepresentation of women in science, technology, engineering and math education and careers
- $1 million employer's Liability Insurance
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
Got questions? Please email Operation.Minerva@sparkscience.ca
Generously sponsored by: