Executive Assistant, Office of the CEO
The purpose of Calgary’s science centre is unwavering. Spark exists to make lives — and the world — better through an affinity for science.
The vision is clear. Through visits to Spark, and encounters with Spark in the community, people are lifted up by the positive power of curiosity, experimentation and creativity.
The outcome is profound. Spark helps people of all ages fuel up for the future because at Spark, science, technology and invention are embedded in cultural experiences. This creates new points of access to the disciplines at the core of innovation.
Join the Spark team to transform lives and inspire the future. Spark is currently accepting applications for a permanent full-time Executive Assistant, Office of the CEO
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the President and CEO and leads the administrative portfolio of the Office of the CEO and serves as governance secretary to the Spark Board of Directors. This role is a key representative of the organization, responsible for coordinating key activities of the CEO and Leadership Team both internally and externally
This administrative team position also influences a high performance culture at Spark by helping to set a tone of professionalism, warmth, creativity and commitment in the Office of the CEO. This role has influence on the reputation and experience of Spark in the community due to the interactions with members of the Board of Directors, government officials and other partners working with the CEO.
Top priorities include: governance secretary, executive assistant to the CEO, general leadership in coordinating care of the copy room, supply room and kitchen, and in coordinating cross-functional projects at Spark that involve more than one member of the Leadership Team.
- Liaise with government officials, community partners, sponsors and donors, and onsite guests of the CEO
- Assist with government relations planning and scheduling
- Manage the calendar of the CEO
- Reconcile monthly expense reporting
- Manage bi-weekly timecard inputs
- Support onboarding of new hires by the CEO
- Coordinate regular Leadership Team and all-staff meetings led by the CEO
- General administrative assistance as required
- Schedule meetings and prepare meeting materials for all board and committee meetings, liaising directly with board and committee chairs, CEO and Leadership Team members
- Coordinate onboarding and offboarding of members of the Board of Directors
- Coordinate Board Alumni engagement plan
- Plan, schedule and coordinate the annual general meeting, annual board retreat, board dinner, and invitations for board members for special events at Spark
- Oversee and manage the board shared drive and board-related website content
- Complete all corporate registry filings on behalf of the Society
- Oversee and manage all ParkPlus complimentary parking requirements
Office of the CEO Administrative Tasks
- Annual CEO budget forecasting and supervision
- PO creation and management
- Supply materials for the annual audit as required
- Participate in internal meetings where required
- Oversee and manage teleconference line incoming requests and usage
- Oversee and manage all incoming inquiries via the general CEO inbox
- Complete monthly purchasing card reconciliation
- Oversee and reconcile Office of the CEO petty cash
- Initiate maintenance requests related to admin offices
- Oversee and manage all ParkPlus complimentary parking for CEO guests
- Execute all business travel and conference needs of the CEO
- Execute and coordinate all travel needs for incoming guests of the CEO
- Serve as a point of contact for staff enquiries to the Office of the CEO
Leadership Team Support
- Assist with onboarding Leadership Team members, including coordinating the onboarding checklist involving other departments, desk set up, name tags, business cards
- Support the CEO and Leadership Team in organizational effectiveness initiatives
- Support other Leadership Team members with expense claims, travel logistics and meeting coordination as time permits
General Admin – Office Related
- Manage and sort incoming mail and cheque log input
- Manage and distribute incoming faxes
- Oversee meeting rooms including bookings and conflicts, janitorial, repairs and AV needs
- Purchase general office supplies
- Coordinate logistical needs for board and staff social events and communications such as farewell parties, wellness and sympathy cards, led by the Office of the CEO
- Craft and oversee staff lunchroom cleaning schedule
- Restock lunchroom and staff bathroom supplies
- Complete or assist with couriers
- Support copy room requests with supplies, stationary, laminating, keys, mail slots
- Field Spark vehicle requests/needs
- Minimum five years of experience as an executive assistant
- Minimum three years experience as a governance secretary
- Experience developing, planning, and implementing administrative support systems at an executive level
- Track record for excellence in all aspects of administration
- Strong writing, spelling and formatting skills, including agendas, minutes and briefs
- High levels of trust and care with confidential information
- Ability to thrive in a high performance culture
- Proven knowledge of office management roles and requirements
- Ability to manage and track program budgets
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must successfully complete a criminal record check
To Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2020 at noon. Please put “EA, Office of the CEO” in the subject line of your email application.
Closing Date: July 15, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.