Coordinator, Marketing, Communications and Social Media
Join the Spark team to transform lives and inspire the future! And, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably fascinating. Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math through creative and entertaining experiences. If you would like to inspire yourself and others in this environment, Spark is currently accepting applications for a permanent full time Coordinator, Marketing, Communications and Social Media to join our team!
You are someone who will get to know TELUS Spark’s business thoroughly and have a passion to dive into all things marketing and communications to support our busy internal team. You are personable and reliable, and have an eagerness to learn, to contribute your ideas and execute tasks with precision and punctuality. Your strong interpersonal skills, effective writing skills, attention to detail, stellar project management and organizational abilities will contribute to the efficiency of our team, working on a wide variety of projects at varying levels. You always stay on top of deadlines and support your team in hitting their targets too. You’re comfortable connecting with a wide range of internal stakeholders and influencers, carrying yourself with professionalism and candour. You love content generation and execution across multiple channels that will help TELUS Spark connect with our audiences, building topic interest, generating conversations and promoting engagement with our brand. You also love telling stories in our digital age and have the skills to do it effectively.
- Supports the mission, long-term vision, and public brand of Spark, through excellence in brand message execution, communications both internal and external, aligning all messaging to the vision and mission of Spark, strong relationships with other Spark employees and partners.
- Provide support to the marketing team and its Spark partners in the coordination of social media support, graphic design, communications, web site management, signage, content, customer reviews, campaigns, photography and events.
- Work collaboratively with other TELUS Spark groups to meet objectives, creatively solve issues, anticipate challenges and proactively avert challenges. A continuous improvement focus is required for success in this role.
- Provide input to the Director of Business Development and Marketing regarding ongoing plans, directions for the Marketing Team.
- Ensure the delivery of optimal results against objectives and against performance metrics provided by (insert manager title). Monitor, measure and report on performance metrics. Analyze and identify issues that are or will impact operational performance and recommend continuous improvement ideas.
- Help support a dedicated marketing and communications team on items including: advertising campaign rollouts; content development for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other external communication channels.
- Social media monitoring and engagement; forum reviews and responses.
- Assist with media trafficking; coordinate marketing materials production and distribution.
- Support onsite media and photography requests; update website content.
- Support planning and running major events and launches.
- Support a wide variety of internal and external communication requirements.
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications or public relations.
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role, executing on diverse marketing and communications initiatives with a successful track record.
- Thorough understanding of building engagement with social and digital channels and are fluent with creating and distributing content through a variety of social and digital platforms.
- Expert in ADOBE CC and able to use most platforms as well as are familiar with ADOBE mobile apps.
- Video skills an asset.
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Pamela Todd, Director, Marketing and Business Development with “Coordinator, Marketing, Communications and Social Media” in the subject line to email@example.com
Closing Date: Interested candidates can submit their application, in confidence, by August 28, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.