- Cowboy Trail, Alberta
Exploring Alberta's Hidden Gems
A self-exploratory experience with a map curated by TELUS Spark.
The perfect way to explore Alberta's hidden gems.
Hop in your car and unfold a specially curated map made by TELUS Spark! This experience is self-exploratory with elements of in-person facilitation and socially distanced activities in between stops. Uncover obscure and delightful science-y points of interest and jam to a playlist of thematic songs and podcasts for a perfect day exploring Alberta’s most curious locations.
COST: $25 per vehicle (up to 4 people) Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Register to unlock your day's adventure. Let's go!
Road trip map and experience package will be emailed after ticket purchase. TELUS Spark Staff is not facilitating this road trip. This is a choose-your-own-adventure and participate at your own risk experience.
Follow the map to one of Southern Alberta's historic and cultural gems to dive into the beauty of natural environment. Participate in a guided outdoor naturalist sketching session at Leighton Art Centre and explore the wonders of Cowboy Trail and Sheep River Provincial Park.
Stay tuned for more Spark Science Summer Road Trips ahead!
This event is generously supported by the Calgary Foundation.
1. Bring masks - (Some activities are weather dependent. Masks will be required to participate indoors)
2. Purchase a map and sketching experience for your vehicle (your cohort/family of 2-4 people) Note: Once you register, your road trip map and experience package will be emailed to you
3. Arrange your own transportation to and from the Leighton Art Centre and area
4. Pack one sketchbook per person, pencils or drawing materials for sketching workshop (extra paper and pencils available on site)
5. Pack food, water, a picnic blanket, warm layers, mosquito repellent, hats, sunglasses and sunscreen.
6. Wear footwear to explore varied terrain
*Please note: The outdoor guided-sketching workshop is weather permitting and may be moved indoors at the Leighton Art Centre. Masks will be required to participate indoors. TELUS Spark Staff is not facilitating this road trip. This is a choose-your-own-adventure and participate at your own risk experience.
Science has never mattered more. To help protect against the spread of COVID-19, you should:
1. Stay home if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone sick with COVID-19 within the last 14 days. If you experience symptoms, please phone into Spark’s Call Centre at (403) 817-6800 to refund your ticket.
2. Help prevent the spread by following the Alberta Health Services Guidelines
3. Self-screen using the Alberta COVID-19 Self-Assessment
4. Wash your hands often and well for at least 20 seconds. Refer to hand-washing guidance here.
5. Wear a mask indoors. All guests over the age of 2 years old are required to wear a mask while indoors to prevent the spread.