Parking is included with One Spark Membership
Parking privileges are included for all members. Once you have registered your licence plate(s) online, you can park one of your vehicles at Spark any time you visit.
Click here to watch a video on how to use the Online Parking Permit System.
- New Members
Before you register, please locate your Member ID on the front of your Spark membership card (not the barcode).
Step 1: Create a Parking Services account
1. Go to https://sparkscience.permit.parkplus.ca and click Welcome
2. This will lead you to the Parking Services login page, click Create Account
3. Fill out the following information: - First name - Last name - Email address - Password
4. Click Sign Up
5. An email will be sent to you. Please follow the instructions on the email to confirm your email address and activate your account
If you have an existing online Residential Parking Permit account, Calgary Zoo or Heritage Park Parking account, you will not need to reset your password as long as you are using the same email address as your Spark membership. You can log in to the new system using the same login credentials.
Step 2: Register your membership
1. Sign in to https://sparkscience.permit.parkplus.ca
2. Click My Permits and on the left hand side, click Register Membership
3. Enter your Spark Member ID and Last Name and click Submit • The last name must match the last name on your Spark membership card
Step 3: Activate your licence plate(s)
1. Click My Permits and on the left hand side click Manage Permits
2. Enter your licence plate and province/state, then click Add Plate and Save
3. Click on Edit Active Plate List
6. Click the switch beside the licence plate you want activated until it turns green and click Save. You can activate up to two licence plates at a time. Make sure you edit the active plate list for each membership/permit number
In the right-hand corner click the “Show Help” button. A step-by-step guide on how to apply for your membership parking will pop up and guide you through the process.
Spark Members can activate up to two licence plates, but only one (1) active licence plate per membership number is eligible for free parking at one time. Before you park at Spark, you must ensure the correct licence plate(s) are activated in the Online Parking Permit System as you can keep multiple licence plates on file.
Once you have added and activated your licence plate(s), you will maintain your parking privileges until your membership expires.
- Membership Renewals
Members who have registered their licence plate(s) with the Online Parking Permit System are not required to take action when they renew their Spark membership. All members who have renewed their Spark membership can continue to use their existing Online Parking account to make any required changes, including updating licence plate information.
- General Information
Should you require assistance with the Online Parking Permit System or your account, please contact the Calgary Parking Authority by emailing email@example.com or by calling 403.537.7275, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (closed statutory holidays).
If you cannot locate your membership card, please contact Spark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.817.6800
- Refunds and Appeals
Members are responsible for outstanding tickets issued to unregistered vehicles. If you believe your ticket was issued in error please contact Calgary Parking Authority at email@example.com or call 403.537.7100, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. (closed statutory holidays).
- Terms and Conditions
Spark members are solely responsible for adding and activating the appropriate licence plate information using the Online Parking System following the guidelines and limitations set out. Free member parking privileges are only valid as long as the membership is current.
Spark members are required to register and activate their licence plate information before they receive free parking privileges.
If you pay for parking the same day you purchase a Spark membership, you will not be entitled to a refund for paid parking. You must register for your membership parking privileges before your next visit.
Once you have registered and activated your licence plate(s), there is no need to pay for parking on-site at Spark.
Spark members can activate up to two licence plates, but only one (1) active licence plate per membership number is eligible for free parking at one time. Before you park at Spark, you must ensure the correct licence plate(s) are activated in the Online Parking Permit System.
Please note that your Online Parking account is separate from your ParkPlus cell phone account, if you have one. Updating one account will not affect the other.