Saturday Camp Volunteers
Every Saturday from 10:00 - 3:30 from April 14th to May 26th
Volunteers need to be able to commit to at least 5 of the 7 available dates.
We have an exciting opportunity during Saturdays at Spark! You will be the key support for our camp leaders during TELUS Spark Saturday Camps. If you love Science, kids, fun, and are looking for ways to build your resume, this could be the right opportunity for you.
This is a wonderful opportunity for aspiring camp leaders to learn the logistics and responsibilities of camps. The experience and training provided in Spark camps helps to create a great framework for future camp leaders and educators. This position is very fun and allows for a variety of skills to be fostered.
- Facilitate Campers from ages 9-14 as they build a variety of challenging skills in areas like block coding, robotics, soldering, woodworking, and problem solving
- Help camp staff with prepping and cleaning up camp activity materials
- Assist with delivery of camp classroom activities
- Help Campers complete activities
- Help staff supervise Campers in galleries, demos, and Dome shows to ensure a safe camp experience for all Campers
- Foster a positive, engaged camp environment
- A passion for working with children and youth
- Positive, enthusiastic and confident individual, capable of motivating others
- Excellent people and group management skills
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification a strong asset
- Previous experience working with children and youth is an asset
- Previous Camp experience is an asset
- Police clearance
- Mandatory Orientation Date March 14th from 5:30-7:30 p.m.