Chevron Open Minds Science School Education Support Volunteer
We are looking for ongoing classroom support one weekday per week (Sept 18 – 1st week of June). The shift is from 10:00am-2:00pm
The Chevron Open Minds Science School is an award winning and long-standing week long program that allows students to visit Spark daily for a full week to immerse themselves in a variety of aspects of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math). As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to make a difference by inspiring youth, while gaining informal education experience.
- Working with students, teachers, parents, and staff to support student learning in the classroom, exhibits and during other learning experiences at TELUS Spark.
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of program materials.
- Helping to support and assist students as they work on various hands-on projects
- Experience in working with elementary aged children in an educational setting (formal or informal setting)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion and interest in helping children learn
- Criminal Background Check (would be required)
- Science Background (an asset but not required)
- Police record check