Exhibit Materials Prep Volunteer
Weekly or bi-weekly 2 hour shifts between 10am-4pm, Sunday to Friday (scheduling is flexible)
See what goes on behind the scenes at TELUS Spark! The “Take it apart” exhibit is a guest favorite at Spark. We are looking for individuals who are interested in electronics to remove all the potentially dangerous materials from old recycled materials, like radios or DVD players, to make them safe for our visitors to take apart themselves, as well as prepare other exhibit materials as needed.
- Follow the training provided to prepare electronics for the “Take It Apart” exhibit by removing hazardous electronic components. This will require use of basic tools and safety equipment (goggles and gloves).
- Prepare other materials for exhibits as needed.
- Follow a system to keep materials and tools organized.
- Clearly label electronics that are ready for the exhibit floor.
- Leave a clean and tidy work space.
- Comfortable using hand tools (screw drivers, pliers, wrenches, wire cutters, etc).
- Able to learn to identify electronic components and the materials they are made from.
- Safety-conscious - able to remember and apply training on safe handling and removal of electronic components.
- Police clearance