The Community Connections Program is supported in part through contributions from our Ignite Members.
The Community Connections Program allows the science centre to partner with local social service agencies and non-profit organizations, providing access to those who may not otherwise be able to visit. By forming longer-term partnerships with other organizations in the community, TELUS Spark is moving closer to achieving our vision of a community transformed by a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and problem-solving. Our mission to be a force for innovation that drives positive change is the cornerstone of this program.
By partnering with local agencies and organizations, we strive to:
- Offer an introduction to a unique recreational and educational community resource
- Offer learning opportunities for people of all ages
- Inspire visitors to seek other learning opportunities based on their experiences at TELUS Spark
- Fuel the drive to explore educational opportunities in the areas of science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM)
- Provide access to more people in our community who are typically without the means to fully participate
As a not-for-profit organization ourselves, please keep in mind that we can only consider requests that have a strong connection to our Mission and Vision. Further, we receive a very high volume of applications and, as such, we are not able to support the following:
- Religious organizations (except where they represent non-denominational community and social support services)
- Fully funded Government agencies
- Projects or organizations that are not located within and do not provide a service to the Southern Alberta community
- Competitive sports teams
- Political parties
- Advocacy or special interest groups
- Schools or parent associations