Watch bubbles of fire, test the limits of your hearing, hear a huge heartbeat, or experiment with a cryogenic liquid.
Don't miss the daily live science demonstrations happening at the Inspiration Stage.
Our live science demonstrations are an excellent way to get your neurons firing. Experience science in a big, engaging and memorable way that will leave you inspired. Our goal is to spark your curiosity and get you asking questions.
Weekdays at 2:00 p.m.
Weekends at 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Topics change daily.
Sounds Like Science
From whispers to thunderclaps, sound is all around us.
- Make waves to explore pitch and amplitude
- Test the limits of human hearing
- Hear how different gasses can change the human voice
- Create amazing sound effects
- See fiery sound waves using a Rubens' Tube
Light Up Your Brain
Shadows, rainbows, spectrums and more. Light is everywhere.
- Experiment by mixing different colours of light together
- Split up light into a rainbow and then put it back together
- Trick our brains into seeing something that isn't there
- View things from outside the visible spectrum
- See different coloured shadows
Discover how spectacular chemistry can be.
- Discover the science of fireworks with colourful flames
- Get up close and personal with bubbles of fire
- Experience a reaction so hot, it's used to melt steel
- Find the fire in everyday flour
- Learn that making water can be an explosive experience
This demo is an exploration of water particles and their movement.
- See the movement of water particles
- Watch a gigantic cloud erupt from a geyser
- Put a giant balloon to a fiery test
- Touch a super cold "cryogenic" liquid
- Discover and insulator so good it can protect us from fire