Watch bubbles of fire, test the limits of your hearing, hear a huge heartbeat, or experiment with a cryogenic liquid.
Don't miss the daily live science demonstrations happening at the Inspiration Stage.
Our live science demonstrations are an excellent way to get your neurons firing. Experience science in a big, engaging and memorable way that will leave you inspired. Our goal is to spark your curiosity and get you asking questions.
Daily at 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Topics change daily.
Sounds Like Science
From whispers to thunderclaps, sound is all around us.
- Make waves to explore pitch and amplitude
- Test the limits of human hearing
- Hear how different gasses can change the human voice
- Create amazing sound effects
- See fiery sound waves using a Rubens' Tube
Light Up Your Brain
Shadows, rainbows, spectrums and more. Light is everywhere.
- Experiment by mixing different colours of light together
- Split up light into a rainbow and then put it back together
- Trick our brains into seeing something that isn't there
- View things from outside the visible spectrum
- See different coloured shadows
Discover how spectacular chemistry can be.
- Discover the science of fireworks with colourful flames
- Get up close and personal with bubbles of fire
- Experience a reaction so hot, it's used to melt steel
- Find the fire in everyday flour
- Learn that making water can be an explosive experience
This demo is an exploration of water particles and their movement.
- See the movement of water particles
- Watch a gigantic cloud erupt from a geyser
- Put a giant balloon to a fiery test
- Touch a super cold "cryogenic" liquid
- Discover and insulator so good it can protect us from fire
Parks Canada at TELUS Spark
Parks Canada is here all summer long to raise awareness and encourage understanding of conservation efforts in Canada's National Parks.
Wednesdays at 11:15 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in the Brainasium
Keepers of the Flame
Join Parks Canada outdoors to learn more about forest fires! Follow the story back into the Inspiration stage to learn more about conservation.
Wednesdays at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. in the Inspiration Stage
Be part of the story of conserving Whitebark Pines with Parks Canada! Imagine yourself as a seedling, struggling for survival in Banff National Park. What will it take to save our Species at Risk?
Thursdays at 11:15 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in the Brainasium
Operation Bear Care
Become a National Park Resource Conservation Trainee and take on a wildlife challenge! There's a food-conditioned bear on the loose! Learn the Bear Care Swear and the importance of why we shouldn't feed wildlife.
Thursdays at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. in the Inspiration Stage
Banff Behind the Scenery
Where technology meets biology! Explore how we observe wildlife in the national parks. Technology is ever-changing! We can learn from these new technologies to help us figure out better ways to protect plants and animals.