Semester-long, hands-on design mentorship program for junior high and high school students
TELUS Spark’s Prototype Project mentors students alongside their teachers over a four month period to design, build, test and refine their own interactive science centre exhibits. Through the Design Thinking process, students explore a variety of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) concepts while immersed in a hands-on, project-based learning opportunity.
Rate: $14 per student
Prototype Project is open to all junior high and high school educators of all Calgary School boards (Including Charter Schools).
The semester-long program includes:
- Two full-day professional learning sessions for teachers and supporting administrative staff
- Class ‘Maker’ starter kit
- Entrance to TELUS Spark for an exploratory field trip
- Ongoing Prototype Project Coordinator support and online resources
- Multiple in-class visits from TELUS Spark staff and volunteer professionals
- Student project facilitation training
- Culminating celebratory evening showcase of student work at TELUS Spark
Applications for the 2017-18 sessions of Prototype Project are now open!
We would love to hear from you! Send us an email at [email protected]