Semester-long, hands-on design mentorship program for junior high and high school students
The TELUS Spark Prototype Project mentors students alongside their teachers over a four month period to design, build, test and refine their own interactive science centre exhibits. Through the Design Thinking process, students explore a variety of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) concepts while immersed in a hands-on, project-based learning opportunity.
Rate: $14 per student
Prototype Project is open to all junior high and high school educators is Calgary and the surrounding areas.
The semester-long program includes:
- Two full-day professional learning sessions for teachers and supporting administrative staff
- Entrance to TELUS Spark for an exploratory field trip
- Ongoing Prototype Project Coordinator support
- Multiple in-class visits from TELUS Spark staff and volunteer professionals
- Student project facilitation training
- Celebratory evening showcase of student work at TELUS Spark
The Prototype Project is generously supported by ConocoPhillips.
We would love to hear from you! Send us an email at [email protected]