Spring Camp Leaders & Staff
TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) through inquiry based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas we are currently seeking temporary, Spring Camp Leaders & Staff to join our team for the week of CBE Spring Break Mon, March 26 – Thurs, March 29 and CSSD Spring Break Mon, April 2 to Fri, April 6.
**This is a contract position for 2 weeks of Spring Camps + 2 training days** Candidates must be available for at least one or both full week of camp dates and for two full days of training on Saturday, March 17 and Saturday, March 24.
You will be one half of a Camp Leader and Camp Staff partnership that will be responsible for leading and facilitating a group of 20-22 campers through a week of themed Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math explorations. You will ask great questions, help guide, and keep our Campers safe as they explore our exhibits, take in Dome Theatre and Live Science Experiment shows. You will lead inquiry and skill-based activities and programs and be responsible for care and safe use of activity materials and spaces. You will also help support, work alongside, and direct our Camp Volunteer team.
- Supervise and maintain a safe and respectful camp atmosphere for a group of 20-22 Campers between the age of 5 and 10 as they explore TELUS Spark spaces
- Work together with another staff and volunteers to set-up, deliver and manage materials for a variety of hands-on, themed, STEAM activities
- Provide excellent customer service for camp parents while safely signing Campers in and out and providing updates on their Camper’s progress and behaviour
- Lead games and/or songs to help Campers get to know one another and have a fun-filled week at camp
- Camp Leaders: Help support, direct, and challenge Camp Staff and Volunteers
- Camp Staff: Help support, direct, and challenge Camp Volunteers
- A demonstrated passion for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM), facilitation, inquiry, and working with children
- Proven experience in public speaking, customer service, delivering educational programs, and working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to adapt quickly and readily learn new skills
- Experience working with and leading groups of children
- Successful candidates will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Paid Programs Coordinator, Erin Dumenko with Spring Camp Leaders and Staff in the subject line to [email protected]
Closing Date: Interviewing and selection will begin in mid-February.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.