Marketing & Communications Assistant
TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) through inquiry based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas we are currently seeking a permanent full-time Marketing & Communications Assistant to join our team.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, the Marketing & Communications Assistant will support the Marketing & Communications team with all day-to-day activities, including direct team support, interdepartmental, cross-functional organizational and executive team support. The candidate will also be required to develop, produce and manage new multimedia assets for use across various channels including digital, social, internal and external communications, reports and presentations.
- Internal and external multimedia content and asset development (digital, animation, video)
- Reporting and metrics tracking
- Campaign support, including asset management and trafficking
- Multimedia asset and image database management
- Social media monitoring assistance
- Forum monitoring and response management (e.g. TripAdvisor)
- Developing meeting reports
- Media Relations support
- Member Communications support
- Internal Communication support
- Market intelligence research support
- Graphic Design support
- Conducting and distributing relevant media scans (e.g. Google alerts and key word/topic searches)
- General Marketing & Communications team organizational support
- An undergraduate degree or diploma, preferably in Marketing or Communications, is required
- 1-3 years of experience in a related marketing and/or communications capacity is preferred
- The successful candidate will be:
- Highly organized and proficient in MS Office
- Flexible and adaptable
- Capable of working with multimedia and graphic design (video editors such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe creative suite) and have proven experience with such
- Fluent with social media applications
- An effective written and video storytelling communicator
- Able to manage multiple deadlines and projects concurrently
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources with Marketing & Communications Assistant in the subject line to [email protected]
Closing Date: Interested candidates can submit their application in confidence by Friday, August 4th.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.