TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) through inquiry-based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage, and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas we are currently seeking a part-time Line Cook to be a member of our new Social Eatery.
The successful candidate must be able to work a variable schedule including evenings and weekends.
You will be a part of the new Social Eatery at TELUS Spark, working under the direction of Chef de Cuisine Alison MacNeil, to deliver new and exciting food and beverage options to our visitors. The line cook in Social Eatery is responsible for food preparation, cooking and plating menu items to our Social Eatery standards. As part of the Social Eatery Team, you will contribute to ensuring a positive experience for our Visitors while showing a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Prepare, cook and serve food to the quality guidelines of the Social Eatery.
- Work within the Social Eatery Team to ensure that a high level of professional service is provided to guests.
- Work collaboratively with others on the Social Eatery Team to create an experience that exceeds guest expectations.
- Maintain the outstanding conditions of the Social Eatery’s line.
- Work in a fast-paced environment on hot and cold lines.
- At least three years of experience on a hot and cold line.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proven experience in customer service.
- Strong communication skills and able to take direction.
- This role includes prolonged standing, walking, and fast-paced physical work.
- Working towards or have achieved your Red Seal Certification is an asset.
- The successful candidate will be required to work evenings and weekends.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Chef Alison MacNeil, with Line Cook in the subject line to [email protected]
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found. Interviewing and selection will begin immediately.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.