TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) through inquiry based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas we are currently seeking a temporary part-time Educator to join our team from February 2018 – June 2018.
The Educator is accountable for delivering K-12 school programming, adult education programming (including, but not limited to team builders), and other programs as required. The Educator is also responsible for maintaining a clean and safe learning environment, coordinating daily activities with teachers, stakeholders and the wider TELUS Spark Team while acting as a role model for volunteers.
- Deliver and lead inquiry based K-12 education programs highlighting curriculum connections for various ages’ skills and abilities.
- Deliver and lead learning programs for a variety of audiences (family, corporate, adult, children) with various skills and abilities ensuring all learning objectives as defined are met.
- Welcome and greet the visiting groups outlining expectations and be a guide to a successful day.
- Pilot and provide feedback on new education and learning programs as required. Assisting in development and brainstorming of new programs as required.
- Be knowledgeable on the content of galleries and programs (science, art, and technology concepts), and the ability to successfully engage learners with this content in a manner that support the mission, vision, and learning philosophy of TELUS Spark.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other TELUS Spark groups to meet objectives, creatively solve issues, anticipate challenges and respond to opportunities.
- Ensure performance effectively supports the mission, long-term vision, and public brand of TELUS Spark, through excellence in K-12 and adult education programming.
- Constant and continued learning and excitement about Education and Learning programs, teaching techniques, inquiry based learning and a desire for ongoing skill development.
- Maintain a clean and safe learning environment.
- Minimum two-year post-secondary credential from a recognized post-secondary institution, preferably in Science or Education, or equivalent experience.
- Experience teaching children and youth.
- Experience in adult education.
- Valid Emergency First Aid Certificate or higher is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Volunteer supervision experience is an asset.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Education is a definite asset.
- Fluency is a second language is a definite asset.
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Zack Anderson, Manager K-12 Learning with Educator in the subject line to [email protected]
Closing Date: Interested candidates can submit their application, in confidence, by February 23, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.