TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) through inquiry based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas we are currently seeking a permanent full-time Development Officer to join our team!
The Development Officer is accountable for managing funder relationships and activating general giving strategies that meet the fundraising needs of the TELUS Spark. This role encompasses the full fundraising cycle including prospect identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Activities include, but are not limited to, donor solicitation and writing grant applications, funding proposals, and stewardship reports. The Development Officer oversees donor stewardship, donor communication, and recognition.
- Manage a list of at least 100 donors and prospects.
- Achieve fundraising targets as agreed with Director, Development with a focus on foundation and government grants and major gift philanthropy.
- Maintain an ongoing listing of granting organizations and their funding focus, deadlines, and the relevant TELUS Spark initiative.
- Lead the grant writing process, liaise with other TELUS Spark teams to gather all relevant information, and complete applications as directed.
- Liaise with the Finance Team to ensure proper tracking and reporting of funds.
- Conduct prospect research and create donor cultivation strategies.
- Ensure donor commitments are met with regard to reporting, recognition, and stewardship.
- Oversee the planning and execution of donor stewardship events and activities.
- Provide regular program and activity reporting to the Director, Development.
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors with a goal to increase donor retention.
- At least 5 years of experience in fund raising, communications, marketing, or stakeholder relations.
- A solid track record in grant writing and/or major gift fundraising.
- CFRE designation is an asset.
- Related post-secondary degree (or equivalent).
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe, and fund raising databases is required; Raiser’s Edge experience is preferred.
- Experience with research databases such as iWave or GrantConnect is an asset.
- Understanding and experience with the complexities of charitable and not-for-profit organizations in Canada as it relates to fund development.
- Knowledge and understanding of CRA regulations for charities, specifically surrounding tax receipting, data collection, and privacy.
- Professional demeanor with an ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Michelle Regel, CFRE with Development Officer in the subject line to [email protected]
Closing Date: Interested candidates can submit their application and salary expectations, in confidence, by May 4, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.