TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) through inquiry-based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas we are currently seeking a permanent full-time Development Assistant to join our team!
The Development Assistant provides administrative and database support to the Development Team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, database updates, gift processing, compiling fulfillment reports, and donor relations support.
- Provide administrative support for donor and stakeholder relations events.
- Data management and administration including, but not limited to, database update, gift processing, compiling fulfillment reports, and donor relations support.
- Input donor communications, schedule meetings, and assist in the creation of required reports, which includes providing prospect research, briefing notes, Board reports, the prospect pipeline and Development dashboard, and contact reports for prospective donors/sponsors.
- Accurate data entry, including the tracking and managing of donor/sponsor information, gift processing and database updates.
- Prospect research using iWave, Grant Connect, and the Internet.
- Liaise with internal staff members in the Finance, Education, Exhibit, Marketing and Membership teams re: development of Board reports, data for proposals, and stewardship reporting.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an administrative role.
- Related post-secondary certificate or diploma.
- Raiser’s Edge experience is an asset.
- Understanding and experience with the complexities of charitable and not-for-profit organizations in Canada as it relates to fund development.
- Knowledge and understanding of CRA regulations for charities, specifically surrounding tax receipting, data collection, and privacy.
- Ability to deal with donors, sponsor, and the public, in person, on the phone and through email in a professional manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, and fundraising databases.
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Michelle Regel, CFRE, with Development Assistant in the subject line to [email protected]
Closing Date: Interested candidates can submit their application and salary expectations, in confidence, by April 27, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.