TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) through inquiry based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas we are currently seeking a permanent full-time Custodian to join our team!
** This position is a Wednesday to Sunday work week. Shifts are generally 6:30am-2:30pm. The successful candidate will be required to work variable shifts outside the standard work week including evenings. **
This position performs janitorial work throughout the facility, including washrooms, public areas, offices and outside areas. In this role you will work with a variety of chemicals within WHMIS guidelines. The successful candidate will be required to follow procedures for using equipment within a safe manner and assist with set up and removal of events within the facility. This role has a customer service focus and will interact with visitors as well as other staff members.
- Clean exhibits and all areas of the building to the standards of TELUS Spark.
- Work with chemicals within WHMIS guidelines.
- Event set up and take down as required.
- Interacting with guest as required.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure building is a clean and safe environment.
- Previous experience in a commercial cleaning position.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and follow direction.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to lift 25kg (55lbs) and carry it 2.2m (7ft).
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Don Blacklock, Director, Operations with Custodian in the subject line to [email protected]
Closing Date: Interested candidates can submit their application, in confidence, by April 18, 2018. Interviewing and selection will begin immediately.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.