Coordinator, Volunteer Resources
TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) through inquiry based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas. TELUS Spark is currently seeking a temporary full-time Coordinator, Volunteer Resources to join our team
The Coordinator, Volunteer Resources is accountable for volunteer engagement at TELUS Spark, meeting the volunteer needs of various departments and the individual volunteers. The Coordinator, Volunteer Resources ensures effective recruitment, screening, placement, mentorship and providing excellence in volunteer management while achieving required outcomes.
- Coordinator, Volunteer Resources
- Implementation of all standards and practices with the Volunteer program.
- Recruit, train, coach and, as needed/requested provide recommendations for managing performance and termination of volunteers.
- Provide front line employees and volunteer supervisors with coaching on how to work with and interact with TELUS Spark volunteers.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other TELUS Spark groups to meet objectives, creatively solve issues, anticipate challenges and respond to opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with TELUS Spark departments to assist in meeting their objectives through the use of skills-based volunteers.
- Ongoing recognition activities including the planning of an annual volunteer recognition event.
- Coordination of corporate group volunteer opportunities.
- Management of volunteer database.
- Maintain monthly statistics and provide reports as required.
- Coordinate the monthly volunteer newsletter.
- Participate in the ongoing growth of the volunteer program.
- Working with various community groups to coordinate community volunteers for signature programming.
- Provide bi-monthly staff training on volunteer engagement.
- Participation in community based volunteer recruitment fairs.
- A related degree/diploma and a minimum of one year experience working with volunteers.
- Completion of a volunteer engagement program and demonstrated experience in volunteer coordination.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization.
- Previous experience with Better Impact (or similar volunteer database system) and Constant Contact would be an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer Service training.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Manager, Community Relations & Volunteerism, Sandy Bray with Coordinator, Volunteer Resources in the subject line to [email protected]
Closing Date: Interviewing and selection will begin immediately and recruitment will continue until the position is filled.