Coordinator, Community Relations & Volunteerism
TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) through inquiry based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you are at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas we are currently seeking a full-time Coordinator, Community Relations & Volunteerism. This is a contract position from May 2017 – June 2018.
Working in a dual role with both Community Relations and Volunteer Resources, the Coordinator, Community Relations & Volunteerism will work to support our volunteer and community outreach programs. This role supports volunteer recruitment, screening, training, placement, recognition and other volunteer engagement strategies. As a member of the Community Relations team, the Coordinator is accountable for the Community Access program, which includes; Community Connections, Spark Learning Connections, Camperships and the Cultural Access Pass program. This will include a focus on research, documentation and reporting on several key projects.
- Promote and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports
- Organize and participate in internal and community related special events
- Recruit, interview, place and celebrate volunteers
- Assist with fostering staff/volunteer relations
- Coordinate all aspects of Community Access Program
- Create and distribute various communications for volunteers and our community partners
- Ongoing communications with our call centre to coordinate school bookings and communications
- Draft award nominations and maintain accurate records of our awards program
- Support research and activities related to our alumni program
- A degree/diploma in a related field such as education, volunteer management, human resources, community relations, marketing
- Previous experience as a volunteer is an asset
- A minimum of 2 years post-secondary experience in a related field
- Strong understanding of non-profit organizations
- Experience working with Better Impact or other volunteer databases
- Proficient in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks daily
- Capacity to inspire, coach and motivate others
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Strong collaboration and problem solving skills
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Sandy Bray, Manager, Community Relations & Volunteerism in the subject line to: [email protected]
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate has been found. Interviewing and selection will begin immediately.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.