Casual Camp Staff
TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) through inquiry based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas we are currently seeking Casual Camp Staff to work Family/Group Sleepovers, PD Day, Winter Break, and Spring Camps.
** This is a casual part-time position consisting of 1-2 shifts per month on PD Days and Group Sleepover bookings**
You will be responsible for leading and facilitating a group of 20-22 campers through themed Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math explorations. You will ask great questions, help guide, and keep our Campers safe as they explore our exhibits, take in Dome Theatre and Live Science Experiment shows. You will lead inquiry and skill-based activities and programs and be responsible for care and safe use of activity materials and spaces. You will also help support, work alongside, and direct our Camp Volunteer team.
- Supervise and maintain a safe and respectful camp atmosphere for a group of 20-22 Campers between the age of 5 and 10 as they explore TELUS Spark spaces
- Work together with another staff and volunteers to set-up, deliver and manage materials for a variety of hands-on, themed, STEAM activities
- Provide excellent customer service for camp parents while safely signing Campers in and out and providing updates on their Camper’s progress and behaviour
- Lead games and/or songs to help Campers get to know one another and have a fun-filled experience at camp
- A demonstrated passion for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM), facilitation, inquiry, and working with children
- Proven experience in public speaking, customer service, delivering educational programs, and working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to adapt quickly and readily learn new skills
- Experience working with and leading groups of children
- Past experience volunteering or working in a camp environment considered an asset
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work occasional evenings and weekends and must successfully complete a criminal record check
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to the Supervisor, Camps and Youth Programs with Camp and Youth Programs Staff in the subject line to [email protected]
Closing Date: Interviewing and selection will begin immediately and recruitment will continue until all positions are filled
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.