TELUS Spark is a place for people of all ages and abilities to explore and discover science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) through inquiry based learning and play. We live our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Courage and Commitment on a daily basis. Join our team and, while you’re at work, take the opportunity to discover what makes the world around us so undeniably incredible! To contribute to making TELUS Spark a place that ignites a sense of wonder, excitement and acts as a catalyst for innovation and new ideas we are currently seeking a permanent full-time Building Operator to join our team!
** This position is a Thursday to Monday work week. The successful candidate will be required to work variable shifts outside the standard work week including evenings. **
The Building Operator is responsible for providing support to the Manager, Health, Safety and Operations and for teams responsible for operations and maintenance of both the facility and yard. They are also responsible for ensuring the building operation does not impact the daily guest experience.
- Complete building and grounds maintenance requirements ensuring a high standard of building operations for guest experience and health & safety
- Provide on call emergency maintenance
Work collaboratively with all departments and trades to complete required maintenance
- Complete any tasks received through eMaint and respond professionally to any immediate requests for support with building maintenance and operations.
- Make recommendations and implement proactive, predictive and preventative maintenance, modifications and new installations and repairs
- Complete basic electrical, plumbing, drywall and construction jobs to support the current and on-going needs of the building operations.
- Abide by all appropriate codes, policies, guidelines and legislation such as Occupational Health and Safety Act, electrical, plumbing, gas, fire, sprinkler, and building codes. Identify and stop work that is in violation of these codes.
- Support facility shutdowns/ maintenance including facility cleaning.
- Support the Director Operations in the purchase of materials/supplies needed for building maintenance/, negotiating price, quality and delivery.
- You have at least two (2) years’ of construction experience or fulfilling a Labourer role.
- Minimum 5th class Power Engineer certification or certification in an applicable trade is required
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in general labour/maintenance repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Previous experience with eMaint would be an additional asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must successfully complete a criminal record check.
To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Don Blacklock, Director, Operations with Building Operator in the subject line to [email protected]
Closing Date: Interested candidates can submit their application, in confidence, by March 22, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TELUS Spark is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.